Mega Easy Terms
MEGA RESIDENTIAL – BEST PRICE GUARANTEE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions provide detail on the pricing guarantees offered by Mega Residential ABN 93 063 797 473 (“Mega Residential”, we, us). Our guarantees fall into a range of different categories, as outlined below. If after reading through these terms you are at all unclear about our pricing, our guarantees, or how they operate, please visit our website or call us on 1300 mymega.
1. Best Price Guarantee – When we use our “Best Price Guarantee” claim it indicates that we offer the lowest price in a specific residential building market on the building costs of that product. Specifically, we may apply our “Best Price Guarantee” to a new 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, single garage, single-level home with a 125.67 square metre footprint, on an M Class Waffle concrete slab, in Metropolitan Melbourne. If we have applied our Best Price Guarantee, you can be confident that we have conducted ongoing, substantial market research to the best of our ability to justify that claim and back up our Best Price Guarantee. If somehow, for some reason we have missed something and a competitor is able to beat our price, we promise we will beat it, pursuant to our Price Match Guarantee as outlined below.
2. Price – Our Best Price Guarantee is based on the base building costs of a property from the ‘Mega Residential Mega Easy Range’ of products which includes the Standard Mega Easy Inclusion package. The price under our Best Price Guarantee excludes cost of land, land rebates, any incentives, marketing promotions, council taxes and fees and any other associated fees and is solely related to the building costs payable to Mega Residential for the building of the Mega Easy Range.
3. Price Match Guarantee If you find a lower price for the Same House (defined below) in the same market, we guarantee we will beat this price by building a comparable home for you from the Mega Easy Range for $5,000 cheaper than the lower price (“Price Match Guarantee”). Not to be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions, and other conditions apply as per the below.
4. Product and Evidence Requirements for Price Match – In order to be eligible to claim under our Price Match Guarantee, the competitor price needs to fit some reasonable criteria, and then we will need you to provide some reasonable proof of the competitor price in market. Specifically, you must obtain a formal written builder’s quote for a new home for lower than our price (inclusive of GST) which contains all of the following characteristics (“Same House”):
a. Footprint of home must be 125.67 square metres or larger and include all of the same layout components of our product, including garage and indoor and outdoor living areas;
b. Must be located in one of the following Melbourne Metropolitan council areas: Banyule, Bayside, Cardinia, Casey, Darebin, Frankston, Glen Eira, Greater Dandenong, Hobsons Bay, Hume, Kingston, Manningham, Maribyrnong, Maroondah, Melbourne, Melton, Monash, Moonee Valley, Moreland, Mornington Peninsula, Nillumbik, Port Phillip, Stonnington, Wyndham, Whitehorse or Whittlesea.
c. Must be on an M class, or higher, waffle concrete slab;
d. Must have 3 or more bedrooms; and
e. Must have 2 or more bathrooms.
Must have a garage for one car or more; If these criteria are met, the competitor’s product will be defined as the Same House for the purposes of the Price Match Guarantee.
5. Submitting a Claim – To make a claim under our Price Match Guarantee (“Claim”), you must contact Mega Residential and provide evidence of the lower price in the form of a formal written quote from another builder which contains the following information:
a. Must be signed and on our competitor’s company letterhead clearly stating the company’s ABN;
b. Dated within 30 days of making the Claim;
c. Full description of the home is included to demonstrate that the formal written quote is for the Same House; and
d. Price is clearly stated (inclusive of GST) with all inclusions and itemized breakdown in the price stipulated.
6. Claim Verification – All Claims are subject to verification by Mega Residential. We reserve the right to independently confirm the quote and we will not accept any Claim that we believe, in our sole discretion, is made fraudulently or in bad faith. We may also require you to sign a document confirming that your Claim is valid and not subject to any collusion, fraud or other misrepresentation. If your Claim is verified, we will provide you with a signed quote for the construction of a home at $5,000 less than the quote from the competitor for the Same House.
7. Exclusions – Price Match Guarantee is not available for Same Houses in multi-unit residential developments.
8. Offer Availability – This offer will be available from 21 January 2019 until Mega Residential ends the offer.
9. Changes – We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify these Terms and Conditions or discontinue the Best Price Guarantee and/or the Price Match guarantee or to restrict their availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you. Our failure to enforce any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Our rights – Without limiting other remedies, we reserve the right to prohibit access to this offer in circumstances where we believe:
a. You have provided false information, conspired with others to gain an unfair advantage or have otherwise been involved in manipulating, interfering or tampering with the conduct of this offer;
b. A quote for a Same House has not been provided in good faith, including where we consider that the buyer and seller may be related parties (such as family members or parties sharing the same dwelling);
c. You have engaged in collusive conduct with another builder which we consider unfair, fraudulent or untoward; or
d. The site fall is over 900mm within the building platform.